Speech Language Apps
- Articulate it! Pro – Smarty Ears, improves the speech of children with speech delays. It contains over 1 thousand images in all sounds of the English language.
- Articulation Scenes – Smarty Ears, allows children to practice their sounds with a variety of engaging and fun activities based on the cinema.
- Articulation Station – Little Bee Speech, is designed to help children, as well as adults, learn to speak and pronounce their sounds more clearly – offering practice at the word, sentence and story levels.
- ConversationBuilder™ – Mobile Education Store LLC, is a conversation simulator designed to help children learn how to have multi-exchange conversations with their peers, in a variety of social settings.
- ConversationBuilderTeen™ – Mobile Education Store LLC, is a conversation simulator designed to help teens learn how to have multi-exchange conversations with their peers, in a variety of social settings.
- Describe it to me – Smarty Ears, is a fun game created to help improve receptive and expressive language skills, and helps build a deeper understanding of everyday items.
- LanguageBuilder – Mobile Education Store LLC, is designed to help children improve sentence ideation, sentence formation, and receptive and expressive language.
- Phonics Genius – Innovative Mobile Apps, is one of the best ways to rapidly learn how to speak, read, and recognize words is through phonic awareness. This app is specifically designed to help students recognize and distinguish words by sounds.
- Question Builder – Mobile Education Store LLC, promotes improved auditory processing for special needs children with autism spectrum disorders or sensory processing disorders.
- Social Quest – Smarty Ears, improves pragmatic language comprehension and expression in a variety of social situations.
- Splingo’s Language Universe – The Speech And Language Store LLP, helps develop listening and language skills. It is an entertaining, motivating game, where the focus is on a variety of different aspects of language, including naming words (nouns), action words (verbs), location words (prepositions), and description words (adjectives).
- StoryBuilder – Mobile Education Store LLC, is designed to help children improve in paragraph formation, integration of ideas, and making higher level abstractions by inference
- The Social Express II – The Language Express, Inc., is an engaging, interactive software application designed for children with autism, Asperger’s, and ADHD, nonverbal learning disabilities, pragmatic language deficits or other social learning challenges.
iPad and iPad Mini Cases
- i-Blason ArmorBox Kido Series for Apple Ipad Mini
I love this case because of the handle! Portability encourages use.
- Otter Box Defender Series Case for iPad 2 and 3
The Iron Man of all cases
- OverBoard Waterproof iPad Case with Strap 100% waterproof. Will float if dropped in water.
- LifeProof iPad Air Hand and Shoulder Strap Compatibility: Works with LifeProof fre and Nuud for iPad Air cases
Word Finding App
- iName it – Smarty Ears, assists individuals with word finding difficulty secondary to aphasia. Additionally, it can benefit individuals with apraxia that are assisted by visual and sentence completion cues.
Elementary Vocabulary Apps
- Alphabet Fun – Tapfuze, makes the most of Multi-Touch technology on iPad to teach kids letters, numbers, and colors. They’ll swipe through colorful images and easy-to-read text. They’ll trace over letters with their fingers right on the iPad display.
- Language Adventures Quiz Game Show – Lakeshore Learning Materials, help kids master tons of important language skills as they compete on a fun TV game show.
- Read Me Stories – 8Interactive Limited, teaches your child new concepts, new words and how to say them. Your child can practice reading – anywhere, anytime. Our books are fun and entertaining – so your child will look forward to reading their new book, every day!
- Story Wheel – EverAge, allows your child’s imagination to run wild as they create their own unique story with Story Wheel! Story Wheel is an educational game that improves your child’s cognitive abilities while developing an understanding of story composition.
Middle School Vocabulary Apps
- Middle School Vocabulary Prep was designed for the busy student looking for an advantage in solidifying their word skills. Study anywhere and learn over 300 vocabulary words at your own pace!
Cause and Effect Apps
- Bubble Mania – Storm8 Studios LLC, is an extremely addictive game that any mobile user should have in their library of apps.
- abc PocketPhonics – Apps in My Pocket Ltd, is a great tool for teaching reading disabled students the fundamentals of letter sounds and shapes.
- Alphabet Zoo – Joseph Baird, is a great tool for helping young readers to recognize letter sounds. Using text and pictures of animals, kids can build their reading skills while having fun.
- First Words Sampler – Learning Touch LLC, improves childrens’ reading skills by teaching them about letters and words using fun graphics and sounds.
- Montessori Crosswords – L’Escapadou, helps youngsters improve their spelling and reading skills through engaging phonics-based exercises.
- Sound Literacy – 3D Literacy LLC, is incredibly useful, employing the Orton-Gillingham method to help students recognize the spellings of English phonemes.
- The Writing Machine – Hump Software, helps students develop early literacy abilities with greater ease by correlating pictures and words, reading text, sounding out letters.
- LAMP Words For Life – Prentke Romich Company, is appropriate for communicators who are just learning they can affect those around them to skilled communicators with advance language skills. LAMP presents vocabulary in the same manner so those language connections can be developed allowing for unlimited language growth opportunities.
- My First AAC by Injini – NCSOFT, is an augmentative/alternative communication application for the iPad that is designed specifically for the younger set who have delayed speech or severe speech disorders.