Follow these links to learn more.
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
A comprehensive website with everything you ever wanted to know about communication disorders and treatment.
- The National Down Syndrome Society
A wonderful website with useful resources and advocacy information.
- Autism Speaks
A comprehensive site for research, advocacy and practical information.
- Preschool Oral-Motor Exercise Ideas
Increase the strength of the muscles required for speech.
- Receptive and Expressive Learning Ideas for Young Children
At home strategies to increase communication.
- The Feldenkrais Method of Somatic Education
The Feldenkrais Method teaches—through movement—how we can improve our capabilities to function in our daily lives. Typically practiced by occupational therapists, follow this link to local providers.
Read These Articles to Learn More
- Executive Function and Children’s Development
A research paper developed at UC Berkeley explaining executive function of the brain in children.